Wednesday 14 February 2018

Novella update: Feb 2018

As some of you may be aware, I’ve been working on a horror novella for a while now. The writing process been quite extended for a relatively short piece of work – certainly longer than I would like. But as any fellow writers will know, the creative process is often beset by false starts, frustration and of course the regular interruptions of day-to-day life. We can’t all punch out 2,000 words or more a day like Stephen King!

A celebratory beer as I sent out the test reader copies
But better late than never. I’ve been through a number of drafts, and the manuscript is currently with a few test readers for their feedback. It’s pretty nerve-wracking to throw things out there to an audience like this; I know I can write and create content, but that’s not necessarily the same thing as stringing together a cohesive story.

Still, the wheels are turning. I plan to implement changes over the next couple of weeks, and I’ve got a good friend of mine working on the cover illustration at the moment. I saw the WIP over the last weekend and it is looking fantastic. Now the challenge is for me to have the final product live up to the cover!

Incidentally, the novella was originally known as The Tunnel. I’ve since discovered that there is an Australian horror film under that name. To avoid confusion (and potentially lawsuits!) the current title is now Lost Tunnels.

Barring any major disasters, I hope to have everything up on Kindle sometime in late April or early May. I’m still trying to decide whether I’ll make preorders available to order online or not. Either way, as the milestones come, I’ll post about them on here.

If you’re particularly keen, you’ll probably see things first on social media – so you can follow me at the following locations. More updates to come soon!

Twitter – @lupinebookclub

Instagram – @lupinebookclub

No comments:

Post a Comment